Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring-ish

According to the calendar, spring has officially sprung. Yay! But if you look outside, you're gonna get some mixed results. There's budding trees and baby flowers poking their way out from the underground world, yet it's a bitter 30 degrees and there's even snow in the forecast. Fail. But living in Ohio, you learn to expect the unexpected... 70 degrees in March or snow in May, it doesn't phase us.

What I'm not used to is having a garden of my own. The house we moved to this past winter has the cutest little brick and stone patio surrounded by flower beds. Because we've only lived here in the winter months, I'm really excited to see what our new home will look like all spruced up for spring and summer. These little guys popped up recently:


I'm not sure what they are... daffodils maybe? Time will tell! There's also some of these, which my mom says are tulips. Wa-hoo! I love tulips!

 

And we have a couple of these bushes with little bright green buds. Anyone know what these could be? I'm clueless when it comes to flowers and plants.


 But what I'm most excited for is this:


Hydrangeas!! They don't look like much right now, but they will be beautiful. (I hope.) My mom has a monster of a hydrangea bush at her house and I've always loved it. Now I have not one, but three hydrangea bushes of my own! I suppose technically they belong to our landlord, but we still get to enjoy them.

And of course I couldn't visit and photograph my new gardens without paying a visit to Allie and Tippy, Jesse's hunting dogs who also live outside. This is Allie, who doesn't believe in holding still for a second. It's almost impossible to get a picture of her that's not a complete blur. I've never met such a wiggly and bouncy dog!


She's a total phsyco. But we love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment