Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Temporary Fix

I haven't bought curtains for the living room yet, but I did manage to rummage through some boxes of stuff and find enough matching floor-length ivory panels to use in the meantime. They are, however, about half a foot too short, so it's kind of a stretch to call them "floor-length."

Yup, "eekishly" short. :) But they look nice enough for the time being.

As much as I love a living room full of curtains, pillows, and heaping antique bowls of pine cones, there is one decoration that tops them all; one that I never get tired of looking at; one that compliments any decor in any season. A room is just not complete without...






...a sleeping husband. The ultimate couch ornament. :)

5 comments:

  1. nice! i have one of those also! maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Very nice!
    I used to have one just like it!! Our son. Only he has now moved on to create a family of his own.
    But I do agree that it is quite a delightful addition to any lounge room. I have a few great shots (some with an added siamese cat) that I can look back on and reminisce. *happy sigh*
    Oh and who says curtains HAVE to be exactly floor length? I think your room looks wonderful. I LOVE that blue/box that masquerades as a coffee table. I have two slightly similar, only stained brown. Both started life as tool boxes from a long time ago. They were in desperate need of a little TLC, but now after a bit of work, they are sensational. I love them! The original owners thought I was crazy, when I said I would use them as coffee tables. But now, have to agree, that they make fine storage/tables.


    Anyway, if you get a chance, do drop by my green and white garden to check out my very first 'giveaway'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee! Cute. I love the blue trunk/coffee table. At least I think it's blue?? Very fun! I have an old white whicker trunk that serves as my coffee table. It's great because I can store stuff in it~ like my massive blanket collection! ;-)
    ~michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Yes, my coffee table/trunk is an antiqued blue. I don't know if I'll ever go back to a "regular" coffee table; the extra storage that comes with this is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You completely match our expectation and the variety of our information 메이저사이트

    ReplyDelete